Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Into the Castle Hill salt kiln

Kim Medeiros and I drove down to Truro again today, this time to deliver a few pots to Brian Taylor for the next firing of the salt kiln at Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill. I fired in the kiln a couple of years ago, with mediocre results, but Brian has been working with the kiln since then and has gotten very good orange peel effects in the past several firings. Kim and I each took a half-dozen or so pots down, just enough to fill the last couple of shelves before Brian bricked them up. He'll fire the kiln right after Thanksgiving.



5 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I was so glad to see this was not a full load of your pots. If it was I was really going to feel lazy. I hope that you have more great results.

Kimberly Medeiros said...

Can't wait to see what happens to those babies!

Hollis Engley said...

Should be interesting. I think we'll learn something, then get more specifically salt oots in next time. No, Meredith, no chance of another full load that fast.

Hollis Engley said...

No ... probably fewer oots and more pots.

Quietly Otaku said...

Good luck with the firing, hope it goes well!