Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A fine pair of sweet little egg cups



Paul Jessop's lovely little egg cups arrived today by Royal Mail ... well, Royal Mail got them to the U.S. Postal Service (way too bureaucratic a name compared to "Royal Mail"), which got them to Hatchville this afternoon. Paul packed them in what appeared to be 25 layers of bubble wrap, which protected the cups admirably. A lovely late Christmas present.
Thank you, Paul. I agree, I love this small community of potters blogging back and forth across the ocean. Let's see if my packing is as good as yours ...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool..my eggs just roll around...beautiful little guys..

Hollis Engley said...

Aren't they, though?

Ron said...

Those are lovely. Wow. I'm not sure I'd know how to put them into use.

Hollis Engley said...

Soft-boil and egg, put it in the cup, tap the shell to break it in a circle around the top, then pull it off and dig into the egg. Seems to me we used to put butter on the hot egg, and salt and pepper. But I was about ten years old, so that's a distant memory. Will have to try it again now.

Ron said...

And you have to make some 'soldiers' too right Hollis? To dip into the yolk? What's the time on soft boiled I wonder 6 min? I'm ready for breakfast now.

Hollis Engley said...

I think Paul called them "toasted soldiers." I think it's around five minutes, but it's been a while since I made a soft-boiled egg.

Paul Jessop said...

Glad you Like them Hollis.
Toasted Soldiers are the order of the day and 5 mins boiling should do the trick. hope you enjoy.

Hollis Engley said...

Very lovely, Paul. And I also love the folding brochure. Nice job on that.

Incognito said...

The egg cups are gorgeous! Reminds me of my own childhood when my mother would make us eggs to put in our own egg cups. Unfortunately, I did not like soft-boiled eggs, so my egg was cooked a little longer. But I still used the egg cup, though I had to hack at the egg a bit more than the rest of the family. Thanks for conjuring up those memories with the photo!

Hollis Engley said...

Same kind of memories for me. But we'll revive them with Paul's little egg cups.