Sunday, July 4, 2010

Back after a blogging pause ...



Summer's here on Cape Cod. I know for a few reasons: First, the lines are ridiculously long at my regular morning coffee shop, with lots of young parents and children visiting from across the bridge. Second, I got my first "f--- you" Friday from a speeding pickup truck with New York plates. Third, Dee's two sisters are visiting, Marcy from New Mexico and Ellen from New York state. (No, Ellen wasn't the one who yelled from the pickup.) Ellen is staying here with us, Marcy is in a yurt in a campground in Sandwich. Anyway, welcome to summer.
I took a sort of unintentional blogging break for the past couple of weeks, mostly because I felt I didn't have anything to say that I hadn't said before. I'm making pots, faceting bowls, weighing out clay, talking to the occasional drive-up buyer, getting ready to fire a kiln in the next few days, sneaking in a few hours of World Cup football so that I can keep up with my UK friends.
I'll fire maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Lots of mugs and creamers in this load. A couple dozen mugs went off last week to Dana's Kitchen, where they're already doing heavy coffee duty with visiting breakfasters. Got to get a few more to Kathy at the Daily Brew in Cataumet.
Three more World Cup games left. My choice is Spain or the Netherlands.
Photos are a few greenware pots lined up and drying a couple of days ago.

8 comments:

FetishGhost said...

Ahhh... those are wonderful! I needed to see a nice free form beautifully handled.
When in doubt, please feel free to post pot shots.

ang design said...

i concur with FG love ya raw pots!!

Hollis Engley said...

Yeah, I love them that way, too. We'll see how they come out of the kiln.

Hannah said...

Good to have you back. You can tell it's summer here when you can't drive up the main road in our little town for folks a wandering across the road without looking. You can also tell it's summer here when the day the kids break up for school holidays it buckets it down for hours and hours and hours!

togeii said...

Nice looking work. I will be back to see how they come out of the kiln.
Dave

gz said...

love the jugs! (but I'm biased!! I love making them too)

Hollis Engley said...

Thanks, Gwynneth. I was just looking at the little jugs on your blog, too.

janet said...

Yeah, my choice is Spain, or the Netherlands, too ....