Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Save the dates: Dec. 17-18 holiday open house



There's no guarantee that you'll be welcomed by the two volunteer studio helpers (top photo) when we open the kiln Saturday, Dec. 17. (Basically, I just like this picture of my two good friends Donna Sutherland and Janet Simons from a couple of years ago.) Still, there should be lots of smiling friends in the pottery studio and upstairs with the other makers and their crafts on the weekend of the 17th and 18th for our eighth annual holiday kiln-opening and open house.
This year, Mike Race of Monument Beach joins the crew, selling his fine home-roasted coffee beans. With us again: Ruth Bleakley and her handmade books and paper goods; Kim Collins with stunningly beautiful beaded jewelry; glassblower (and newlywed) Bryan Randa; and fellow potter Lois Hirshberg.
Dec. 17, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., with kiln-opening at 11 a.m. Dec. 18, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Lots of good food, too. Details to follow as we get closer to the weekend.



5 comments:

Dan Finnegan said...

That first photo is suitable for framing!

cookingwithgas said...

Oh, now I need a ticket!

Dennis Allen said...

That's typical. Tease me with pretty girls then when I show up it's really some guy with a beard.This is just like internet dating! Seriously, have a great sale.

Hollis Engley said...

Yes, that's always been my marketing strategy.

Joe Troncale said...

I have been following your posts through Dan Finnegan's blog. I spent many summers in Falmouth (my aunt lives there) but never knew about your pottery. I hope I can come by sometime. Beautiful work. Hope your Holiday Open House goes well.
Joe