Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Keeping in touch with the potter


I think I mentioned in my last post that the Cataumet art fair draws a particularly nice variety of summer visitor. Toward the end of this past Sunday's fair, a woman named Allison stopped by with a friend and ended up taking home a copper red vase that I liked a lot. It had come out of the most recent firing and didn't last long.
Today, Allison sent me a photo of that vase, filled with sunflowers on her table in - I think - Cambridge. I love that.

3 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

What a great gesture! I love the shot with the light on those flowers, very poetic, I think. It's so nice to have pots in happy homes, isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

it's great to see that a pot has found an appreciative home

Hollis Engley said...

Yes, you're both right. And it's always good to deal with people who connect to pot to the maker.