Friday, October 12, 2012

Off to set up Wellfleet, then to talk Studio Potter

Thanks to those of you who commented on the direction of Studio Potter. I'll take your comments to Boston with me tomorrow for the meeting. I think your sentiments pretty much represent what we've heard from subscribers around the country. The trick is to stay relevant and solvent at the same time. Not an easy trick.
I'm going to get up around 4 to head out to Wellfleet and get the tent and pots set up for my friend Dafney Shufelt, who's going to handle Saturday at the OysterFest while I'm at Mudflat pottery school at the Studio Potter meeting. It's supposed to be a cold morning, warming up through the weekend.
But oysters and clams and beer and music will warm people up. Come on out to Wellfleet if you're on the Cape. Saturday ad Sunday. A crazy and fun time.
Oh ... and if you come Saturday, buy pots from Dafney.


4 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

4am?! Ugh.
Travel safe:)

Hollis Engley said...

No kidding, Tracey. ugh was the right word for it. I'm home now, after a long day on the road. Back to Wellfleet in the morning, but not at 4 am.

smartcat said...

It's a Potter's Life. I hope you had a good day yesterday with your stand in worker!
Toes crossed that many people come and even more people buy! It's supposed to be off and on sunny and warmer but hey! this is New England!

Hollis Engley said...

This is indeed New England. Saturday was busy, Sunday less so. Yesterday started with rain, wind and cold. Pretty miserable for a few hours. Better after about 2. Fewer people, sold fewer pots. But I did sell some good ones to people not afraid of unconventional work.