Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting the picture down in Southern Pines





We got back from North Carolina late Monday and I'm still tired. But so many photos of the "Clay and Blogs" show there have already been published in various people's blogs that I wanted to join them tonight, even though it's after midnight. So I'll put up some photos and then will write more in another post on Wednesday.
It's a fine show of wonderful pots. If you're in the neighborhood, you should go see the show. Or plan to go some time before the end of October. Pots from around the world. Go see them.
Meredith Heywood of Whynot Pottery in Seagrove, NC, has been praised endlessly since the show opened for her organization and dedication to making it work. She deserves it, so I'm adding to it here. Way to go, Meredith. And way to go all you potters who participated, including people who spent a good deal of time and occasionally large amounts of money to ship their work to Southern Pines from far away.
More tomorrow.
Oh, and since Tracey Broome led her blog post today with me dumping the peanuts from Doug Fitch's jug, I thought I'd return the favor. Tracey is fast with that Nikon.

6 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Glad you and Dee made it back safely. Yikes what a long and fast trip back. We decided not to go North so we'll have to stop by your pottery another time, soon I hope, perhaps in the Spring.

cookingwithgas said...

Hey- glad you are safe at home- I know all about that tired- too many late nights for this old dog!
Loved having you here and we will visit the Cape- I expect my sister Leslie will come see you to.
She has adopted you and Dee!
I want to see pictures of pots and kilns!

Tracey Broome said...

Hollis, it was so great to finally meet you and Dee. I felt like I already knew you when I saw you in the driveway at the Campbell House! Wish you could have made it over to Chapel Hill, it was a perfect Carolina blue day and we had lots of fun! Your pictures of the show look great! That photo of me is disturbing in some strange way!!! We are all enjoying our new bowl :)

Ron said...

Hope you enjoyed your time in NC. Sorry I didn't make it out there to meet you in person. Oh well, maybe next time. Best,Ron

Shortstuff said...

Meredith is right. I do want to adopt you and Dee. It was great to meet you and I hope we run into one another again soon. Les

Hollis Engley said...

Thanks, guys. We were happy to meet all of you folks in NC, so far from Cape Cod. I love that photo of you, Tracey. I'm deeply into random images these days. Ron, we were sorry not to see you, but understand that you would have had to come all the way from Minnesota ... or so said the tags on your pots ...
Dee's folks are still around, Les, but I'm available ...