Sunday, October 17, 2010

Some video for you clam fans ...

I've posted enough clam-related photos here, but I thought I'd show you a bit of what it's like to go out in the fall to the shallow waters around Bourne and dig clams. It was windy and I was up to my waist in cold salt water, so things are a bit noisy and shaky in this first video. And I'm new at it; it will get better. But this will give you a taste.
Stars of the video are Mike and Tammy Race, our friends from Monument Beach who love harvesting clams ... and then eating them.

7 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

Boy this video makes me homesick for the beach! Also, wishing we hadn't sold our canoes!!! I was looking at them yesterday at a local outdoor store thinking we should get boats again. So nice to have them.

Hollis Engley said...

Get a boat, Tracey.

cookingwithgas said...

oh you had better hurry with that curry!
We had a butternut squash and carrot roasted -curried soup tonight.
Tasy but no clams....

cindy shake said...

How cool is that?! I so want to visit your part of the country! I even subscribe to the Provincetown Banner to get my e-coast fix. Our coast is so much different. Both are beautiful and almost exotic compared with other parts of the country, aren't they?

janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janet said...

I am the beneficiary of some of these clams - after a 9 pm dip in the sound with my feisty 18 yo I sauteed up a gift of 12 or so from Hollis - garlic, white wine, olive oil, broth and parsley ... happy woman. Wish I could send you the picture. Maybe I will

Hollis Engley said...

The woman knows how to cook clams ... and appreciate them.