Thursday, July 14, 2011

Women of fire at Harvard ...




The soda firing at the Harvard ceramics program went off as it should today, one day late due to an electrical failure that crippled the vent system. I was up there with teacher Crystal Ribich, and fellow workshop participants Lori and Henriette. (I apologize for possibly misspelling names.)
Hot and sweaty work spraying in the 1000 grams of dissolved soda ash somewhere around cone 8. But all went well. The kiln will be opened Monday morning.

4 comments:

ang design said...

great action shots hollis :)) here's to a super firing...

Dennis Allen said...

Just 1000g total?

Tracey Broome said...

Girl power! Can't wait to see your results, love soda on pottery!

Hollis Engley said...

I liked the photos, too. Hope I like the pots.
Yes, Dennis, I believe Crystal told me she mixes 1000g of soda ash into the water.