Friday, July 6, 2012

Among friends, a kiln-opening July 28

The work of five Upper Cape Cod potters will be in the Hatchville Pottery kiln when it's fired July 27 and opened Saturday, July 28. My pots will be joined by that of Kim Medeiros, Annie Halpin, Angela Rose and Denny Howard. Angela and I fired together in this kiln eight or nine years ago, before her landscaping business took off and she stopped making pots for a while. We started the Hatchville Pottery holiday kiln-opening and open house together and it became a big December event for us in Falmouth. Now Angela's back making pots and the two of us thought this summer thing might be fun.
The July opening and sale will, I suspect, be much less crazy than the holiday party. There are many more things for people to do here in July than in December, so I don't think we'll need to hire a policeman. Though I could be wrong ...
Joining the potters will be coffee roaster Michael Race, whose freshly roasted beans did very well at last December's holiday show.
There will be more details as we get closer, but I just shot photos for our e-announcement so I thought I'd give all of you a bit of a preview.
Left to right, top: Angela Rose tumbler, Hollis Engley faceted vase. Left to right, bottom: Annie Halpin chalice, Denny Howard Shino teabowl, Kim Medeiros vase.





5 comments:

Dan Finnegan said...

That's some killer carbon trapping, Hollis!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the event!

ang design said...

sounds like a grand plan Hollis, hope you have agreat time :))

Unknown said...

Looks like a great collection of potters, it should be a grand event :)

Hollis Engley said...

By the way, I forgot to put Mike's beans in the photo. So I've already revised it. More or less the same, but with coffee.