Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Come to "The Potter and the Painter"





Dara Pannebaker and I open our two-person show Friday evening at the StoveFactory Gallery in Charlestown, an old Boston neighborhood. The opening reception Friday runs from 6 to 9 p.m. All are welcome and in fact encouraged to visit.
I hope I haven't given everyone too much information about this show in the past few blog posts, but little else pottery-wise has been happening around here for a week or more. I'm off to Boston Friday morning to do things like number the pots and wash the gallery floor.
Anyone who is in the neighborhood, please stop by. The gallery is also open Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Photos: A few of the 113 pots in the show.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the incredible Crawling in the very first picture.

Tracey Broome said...

Best of luck with the show Hollis, those pots will be flying out of there!

cookingwithgas said...

and you do floors too!
Good grief I will take the pots and you!
We are both wishing you a great show!
I wish we could be there.
M&M

Dan Finnegan said...

Best wishes for big sales, Hollis. Love the third vase myself!

Hollis Engley said...

Thank you, friends. From your lips to God's ears ... as they say.

Valerianna said...

Hi Hollis - I just popped over here from Tracey Broome's blog and notice you're in Hatchville! My grandfather was a scientist at MBL in Woods Hole, and had an amazing house on Nobska Point where I spent much time. We also had a small cottage in Quissett near the harbor. That area holds the magic of much of my childhood... though, sadly we don't go back there much now.

Your work is beautiful. Someday I'll make it down there again and pop into the shop...

janet said...

Those pots are stunning - you should bring a back up supply to Charletown. Enjoy the show Hollis!

Julia said...

Beautiful pots, and I wish you luck with the show!