Monday, April 25, 2011

Putting pots on the walls





I spent most of Saturday in Charlestown, an old Boston neighborhood, at the StoveFactory Gallery, leveling shelves, drilling molly holes and screwing shelf brackets into the wallboard. Dara Pannebaker and I were there to prepare for our show "The Potter and the Painter," which opens Friday night. I brought something over 100 pots for the show, and at this point we're not sure exactly how many paintings Dara has. Many, in any case.
It's an interesting process, deciding which pots go with which pots, and then deciding which paintings go with which groupings of pots. There was much consultation between the two of us and also with Carla and Cindy, two of the other Charlestown artists who were there to help. I suspect the consultation will go on into Friday afternoon.
I forgot a card for my camera, and was forced to shoot a few pictures with my iPhone. Here's a look.

8 comments:

Dan Finnegan said...

That's a lot of work for a show! looks good.

imagine said...

I know what hard work this can be, good luck.
So far it is looking really fresh and very different.
Well done.

P.S. Fancy coming and helping me with our next show?
Thanks to you it will include Ron Geering.

Tracey Broome said...

What a fun process. I would love to just have a business setting up art shows. Looks like a good one, you should sell lots and lots.

Hollis Engley said...

I hope so, Tracey ...
John, just send the tickets and I'll come over. However, you might consider Tracey, instead.

Michèle Hastings said...

what a great concept for a show. wishing you a huge turnout and many sales!

Paul Jessop said...

Wish I could be there Hollis Looks great. 100 pots for a show that's a lot of work. good luck.

Marcus said...

You have an iPhone now? I need to get with the times.

Wish I could come out, looks like a great show.

Hollis Engley said...

Thanks, Marco. Yes, got an iPhone a bit more than a month ago. I needed a smart phone to take credit cards at craft shows, so went with the one I always wanted. Pretty cool thing.