Monday, September 17, 2012

A sweet moment in Harwich


I just finished two looooonnggg days of watching herds of humans walk past my tent at the Harwich Cranberry Festival. More whining about that tomorrow, but I wanted to do one post with just this photo. Mid-day Sunday, the Festival parade went rolling past Brooks Park, with veterans and Scouts and costumes and fire trucks and - I'm pretty sure - a cannon of some sort. Which kept going off.
Afterward, the local Cub Scout wagon parked on the lot behind me and parents and kids took advantage of the hot dog concession there.


I wanted to get a photo of one of the Cubs, since my friend Hannah McAndrew is a dedicated Cub den mother in Scotland and I wanted her to see the US version. So when the heart-covered little girl and the Cub sat together on the fence rail, I shot them from the back. Which was fairly cute. It wasn't until I downloaded the photo last night that I saw the little girl's fingers splayed out gently across the Cub's little hand. Very sweet.

4 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

This photo just made me smile and smile. What a nice moment in these times when people are rioting in the streets in other countries, this makes me feel pretty good about where I live....

Amy said...

priceless. reminded me of the good within each person. thanks for sharing.

cookingwithgas said...

Lovely photo.

Julia said...

Very lovely photo - you captured a great moment in time.