Sunday, September 30, 2012

Kiln-opening in Putney, Vermont

Dee and I are headed off-Cape (aka "Over the Bridge" in local parlance) to visit the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston tomorrow and then to Putney, Vermont, for a kiln-opening.
My college classmate John Hull, a fine potter in Connecticut, has been helping out in the firing of Josh Gold's wood kiln in Putney over the past few days. They open Tuesday morning and we thought it would be a good time to get away, celebrate Dee's birthday (Oct. 2) and see some brand new pots.
We'll stop in the fine little Vermont city of Brattleboro, visit Dee's cousin Susan, maybe browse a good used bookstore, then come home.
Meanwhile, I'll attach a couple of photos of pots by John Hull and Josh Gold. John's is the top photo, Josh's the bottom one. Both fired in the Putney kiln.



2 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Enjoy your visit to the Isabella Stewart Gardner... I think it's my all time favorite museum trip. So beautiful.

smartcat said...

Such a beautiful museum. I haven't been since all the renovations but from what I have seen in photos they did a fine job. We used to go to concerts there.....a wonderful space for listening to music.

Enjoy the trip!

Toes crossed for a great kiln opening!